Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My Brother, the Biter

As I look back over the posts since I started this blog, I don't want you all to think that Kevin and I didn't fight when we were younger. We did. It's just that I had to wait until he was a bit older and could fight back.

When Kevin was younger and he would get really frustrated, he would bite his arm -- his left arm, just at the wrist. If he was going through a tough time or he was really worked up or nervous about something, you could see multiple rings of teeth marks and bruises on his arm.

When Kevin was little, he loved the bathtub. He would stay in the tub for ages. He had bath toys and paints you could use on the wall, all kinds of stuff like that. I think he liked it because the water buoyed him, and he could really relax his muscles. Well, one time, my mom had me get him out of the tub, and he wasn't ready to come out yet. He was probably about 5, so I would have been 10 or 11. Well he splashed me and cried and said he wanted to stay in, and he was putting up a pretty good struggle with me. So in order to get him out of this particular tub, I had to drain the water, climb into it, wrap him in a towel and pick him up and get a good hold on him to then climb back out of the tub. He was so pissed!

I started carrying him out of the bathroom, and he's crying and struggling. Then he leaned in and bit me on the shoulder! HARD! I dropped him right on the floor and went out of the bathroom and slammed the door behind me and went to tell Mom. I don't remember what the additional fallout was, but he never bit me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment